English or Western bridles are easy to convert to a bitless bridle with this soft ThinLine foam-lined Converter.
Designed by Harmony Horsemanship™ promoting bitless riding for many reasons including:
* If a horse is uncomfortable with a bit due to injury or teeth placement.
* Help for horses that are emotional when riding with a bit.
* To give more control and comfort to horses that put their tongue over the bit or out the side of the mouth.
* Prevent bone spurs and other mouth damage caused by bits.
* For starting or restarting horses before introducing a bit.
* When riders are learning to balance or master new skills, so they aren’t accidentally hurting the horse’s sensitive mouth.
Notes on Fit:
Bitless nosebands should be fitted like you would a regular noseband on a bridle. It should sit above the crease of the horse’s mouth so it’s not on the fragile part of the horse’s nose. Usually, about 2 fingers fit between the chin and leather. You don’t want it too lose or it will slide, too tight and the horse can’t chew or be comfortable to open their mouth a little.