The Parelli Natural Hackamore is widely used for young horses and relaxed riding (Freestyle or on the trail). Made form the same, lovely subtle line as our halters, it’s perfect for teaching horses to be soft and confident when riding, starting or re-starting horses that are afraid of the rider’s hand or bit.
- 1/4-inch smooth Horseman’s Braid (tied slightly larger than the Horsman’s Halter), made of high quality yachting braid.
- 1/2 inch Horseman’s Reins – 9 ft rein and 12 ft lead, all in one.
- If not used with loose, casual reins it takes away from the functionality of the design.
- Lead with the rope not the reins!
- The nylon rope you usually see used for halters and leads is typically not designed to withstand the unique challenges an equine application presents. Nylon rope stretches, can become stiff with use, increases in size over time and absorbs unwanted moisture. The 100% polyester rope used at Parelli has been specifically engineered with horsemanship use in mind. Parelli rope is dirt, sweat, mildew, rot and UV resistant. This means that your rope will stay truer to its original form longer, without fading, stretching, popping or elongating.
- Great for new riders, beginning riding skills or colt starting and to introduce a horse to riding basics.
- Great to reteach horses with riding issues to understand basic commands.